# Why build a Chrome App?
By building a Chrome App, as opposed to going with a traditional web app or a native fluid app, you expand your likely consultation and extend your development capability .
# Expand your potential audience
When you write a Chrome App, as opposed to an app that runs natively on a particular operational system, you immediately make your app available to a much wider audience. To any desktop alternatively of writing and maintaining separate applications for Windows, OS X and Linux, you can write a single application that runs anywhere Chrome runs. This includes Windows, Linux, and OS X. To mobile devices [via Cordova] Using Chrome Apps for Mobile ( MCA ), you can deploy your applications to mobile and target hardware features alone available on Android and IOS platforms. And of course, to a Chromebook Writing a Chrome App is the alone way to have your app installed on a Chromebook. Chromebooks are appealing, cheap, low care devices that provide a full moon web experience.
# Extend your development capability
You might be thinking, “ If I write a standard web application, I can run it on any platform that has a web browser. ” Of course, this is absolutely right, but remember that Chrome Apps extend your growth capacity beyond what you can do with traditional web apps :
- Chrome Apps can integrate seamlessly into the desktop and look more like desktop applications than traditional web apps.
- Chrome Apps for Desktop have no omnibox (address bar) and tab strip like normal browser-based apps, because like native desktop apps, they don’t live in a browser.
- The Chrome App Launcher makes it easy for users to find and start your Chrome App.
- OS X users can use the integrated spotlight search to find and start your app.
- Chrome Apps for Desktop can access the host computer’s file system and make use of hardware features (like USB, Bluetooth and attached human interface devices).
The best way to see what Chrome Apps expect like is to install some .
# Who should build Chrome Apps?
Everyone ! But some sectors have a especial matter to in Chrome Apps. Device manufacturers The crabbed platform nature of Chrome Apps makes writing device drivers less afflictive. A device manufacturer alone needs to write one application for configuring their device and it will run on any device. Educators Chromebooks are an cheap, low-maintenance choice for bringing laptops into every classroom. Chrome Apps make teaching easy with easily to install applications that run natively on Chromebooks. For exemplar : Health care providers
One pediatric service has indeed far salvage tens of thousands of dollars using Chrome Apps on Chromebooks .
# Chrome Dev Editor
Use the full featured IDE in the Chrome Dev Editor .