Preparing Your System for Live Trading
You will receive a unique trade login and password for the live simulator. This login will be different from your system login and password. CQG will retain your login but not your password. We do not want anyone not on your team entering trades .
You will receive your deal login prior to the preliminary cycle .
- Open either the DOMTrader® or Order Ticket trading interfaces.
- If you are already logged on to trade in demo mode, log out by clicking the Logoff button in the left-hand toolbar.
- Click the Setup button and uncheck Demo Trading.
- Click the Setup button again and click Connection Preference….
- Change the GW address from www.cqgtrader.com to demo.cqgtrader.com.
- With one of the trading interfaces open, click the Logon button in the left-hand toolbar. The User Id and Password entry spaces will be blank.
- Enter the user name and password you previously received.
- After logging on for the first time, click Setup and select Change Password.
Create a new password for your team. Make sure all members of your team know the trading password. It will be known only by your team. Even the team managing the Trading Challenge will not know your password. Make sure you do not forget it.
To prevent any unauthorized trades being placed, the system will not save the trade password ; you will have to enter it each meter you turn the organization on .
If you can not enter your password during the contest, recheck your connection preference. On occasion, it could default back to www.cqgtrader.com. sol if it has, fair repeat step 6.
Orders and Positions Setup
historically, members of the exchange are assessed a different commission rate for intraday trades than for nightlong trades to encourage trade to provide fluidity to the markets. As a leave, the Orders and Positions interface is programmed to offset intraday trades before considering positions held overnight. This has raised questions and created confusion for participants who have never been involved in the futures markets, so we will make the adopt alteration .
- With a trading interface open, click the OrdPos button in the left-hand toolbar to open the Orders and Positions interface.
- Click the Setup button and select Orders and Positions Preferences….
- Click Account Settings in the left-hand menu.
- Under Trade matching type, uncheck Match intraday first.
- Click Apply and then click OK to enable the change.
For questions, e-mail us or call 212-809-8893 .
CME Group, CQG, and Dow Jones would like to wish you a great trading experience!