How To Ensure You Can Locate Your Phone Even If Lost or Turned Off
For all these methods, you need to enable the recovery features before the telephone is lost. If it ’ south already lost, you may still be able to track it down. Set a hood lock screen passcode so that a thief will find it harder to reset the telephone or augury you out of any crucial accounts .
mesa of Contents
however, if person factory resets your phone, it ’ s improbable that you will ever retrieve it.
Google Find My Device
You can use Google ’ mho Find My Device to find any Android telephone provided it has an internet connection, and your call is signed into your Google report. When the call is lost, it can be located via the Google Find My Device App available on the Play Store absolve of charge or via the network .
Enable Find My Device:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and select Google.
- Select Find My Device. If it’s turned off, turn it on.
- Ensure that you permit it to access your location.
To find your earphone using Google Find My Device on another device ( earphone or calculator ) :
- Open the Play Store, search Find My Device, and install the app.
- Open Google Find My Device.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- If the lost device is signed in to your Google account, the app will display its location.
- Select Secure Device and provide a lock screen message and phone number so that anyone in possession of your phone can contact you.
Tip: You can besides use Find My Device to erase data from your lost phone remotely .
If your device has run out of might, you may still be able to locate your lost cellular telephone telephone that ’ s turned off via Google Timeline. For this to work, ensure that the following are enabled before the device is lost :
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Internet access should stay enabled.
- Location Reporting and Location History is on.
To Turn on Location Reporting:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and select Maps.
- Select Permissions and ensure that Location is enabled.
To Turn on Location History:
- Open Maps.
- Select your user icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Select Google location settings.
- Scroll down and check Google Location History. If it’s not turned on, select it and choose your Google account.
- Scroll down and check Location History to turn it on.
If you lose your earphone, you will now be able to see its survive know placement. Simply sign in to your Google account on another device, capable Maps, and choose Your Timeline .
If the earphone is still on, you ’ ll be able to see its current location. otherwise, you ’ ll see its location before losing power or being signed out of your Google report .
Samsung Find My Mobile
Samsung has its own Find My Mobile service, which you must enable before the device is lost. To enable this :
- Open Settings > Biometrics & Security.
- Scroll down and select Find My Mobile.
- Turn this On if it’s off, and ensure that your Samsung account is correct. If needed, sign in to your Samsung account.
- Turn on Send last location and Offline finding.
Note: Send last location will upload the telephone ’ s final placement before it runs out of battery. If the call has office, Offline finding allows other nearby Samsung devices to discover your phone evening if it ’ s not connected to the internet. You can besides enable Encrypt offline location to protect your location data .
To find your telephone, head to the Samsung Find my mobile website. Sign in to your Samsung history and choice Locate my device in the sidebar. If the device is turned on and connected to the internet, you will see its location. You will besides be able to lock your device or wipe its data from this web site .
Find My iPhone
An iPhone will display its current localization or the end know location before you turned it off. then, using another device, like an iPad or iPhone, you can see its last placement before you lost it.
Read more: Ciphertext indistinguishability – Wikipedia
To Turn on Find My iPhone:
- Open Settings.
- Tap your name.
- Select Find My > Find My iPhone and turn on Find My iPhone, Find My network and Send Last Location.
Note : Send last Location will save the final location of your iPhone before it loses baron. The Find My network will allow other nearby io users to locate your iPhone even if it ’ s turned off .
To find your iPhone, merely entree the Find My app from another io device or sign in to iCloud.com/Find. Sign in to the app/website, blue-ribbon Devices, then select your iPhone from the list .
You can turn on Notify When Found to send you a presentment when it ’ south adjacent turned on. You can besides enable Lost Mode, which will lock your iPhone and allow you to display a customs message and contact number to whoever finds your telephone .
Tracking Your Phone Via the IMEI Number
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity and is a 15 digit count unique to every iPhone. The IMEI number works independently of the SIM circuit board even if the thief installs a newfangled SIM or factory resets your phone. Find the IMEI number above the barcode on the call ’ south packing box or in Settings > General > About .
You or the patrol could track or block your lost phone with its IMEI number. You should procure a patrol report for your stolen phone to block your iPhone through the network supplier. Rules may differ by provider and country .
however, advanced criminals have entree to some devices that can alter or block the IMEI number .
Authorities can track a call via the IMEI in coordination with the net supplier. But, again, it requires that the telephone is connected to a net. There are many IMEI tracker scams online which will demand payment, so stay away from them .
Third-Party Tracking Apps
Some trusted and dependable apps are designed to increase your device security and find it if it gets lost .
Avast Antivirus is one of the biggest names in antivirus software, and now it supports recovering lost devices, besides. To activate this function :
- Open Google Play Store or Apple Store and search Avast Antivirus.
- Select it from the list, select Install.
- Upon completing installation, select Open.
- Go through the setup process, allow it to update, provide permissions, then create an account.
- Select Use basic security unless you want the paid version.
- Select Continue as free.
- Select the three horizontal lines at the top-left of the screen.
- Select Anti-Theft.
- Select Set Up Now.
- Follow the instructions to set up your Anti-Theft account. You will need to set up a pin code, grant several permissions, and connect your device to your Avast Account.
- Finally, sign in to your Avast Account when prompted.
The free interpretation of this app allows you to lock your device and sound a enchantress remotely. With the paid translation, you can besides use a television camera trap to take a photograph from your telephone ’ south selfie television camera. The give translation besides enables your last know location. The main benefit of Avast Antivirus is that you have multiple security measures in one place.
To find a lose phone and input signal remote commands, principal to your Avast Account .
If you have any other methods to locate a lost cell telephone that ’ s turned off, let us know in the comments below !
Category : crypto topics