“ Oh, great, where is my iPhone ? ” If you have a lost iPhone or iPad, the Find My app ( once the Find My iPhone app ) will help you locate your phone whether you lost your iPhone or iPad at a friend ’ sulfur house or at the banish ( I did this once. Luckily I was able to find my iPad when I returned. ) But what if you need to use find my telephone in your house and can ’ t seem to find your device anywhere ? I have used iCloud to find my phone from icloud.com or from a syndicate member ’ s iPhone or iPad, if they are on the lapp Family Sharing plan as me. You can besides ping your missing iPhone from iCloud, use the Find My app to ping your iPhone or iPad, use your HomePod to ping your iPhone, and even use Siri to find your missing phone, or the iPhone or iPad of anyone who shares their placement with you. Whichever method you choose, here ’ s how to find a lost iPhone in the house .
Related: How to Set Up Find My iPhone
Before you use this article about Apple ‘s Find My app, you ‘ll need to read how to set up Find My ( once Find My iPhone ). For more great Find My tutorials, check out our spare Tip of the Day. now, let ‘s go over how to find your iPhone with Siri, with iCloud, or using the Find My app, using an iPhone, iPad, or HomePod on the lapp Family Sharing plan as yours, or that you ‘ve shared your location with. With any of these methods, your missing device will start pinging so you can locate it in your house.
Ask Siri Where Your iPhone Is
This is by far the easiest and fastest way to locate a lose iPhone in the house that is still within audio roll. If you had your iPhone in your hands just a moment ago, but now ca n’t find it, just call out, “ Hey, Siri, where are you ” And Siri will reply, “ I ‘m here. ” from within the frame cushions or wherever you misplaced your iPhone .
Use Siri to Find an iPhone, iPad, or AirPods That’s Lost Nearby
You can use Siri to ping your lost iPhone or iPad in your house, car, or somewhere else within hearing distance. You can besides use your HomePod to find your missing iPhone or iPad using this technique. To use Siri to find your missing Apple device :
- Say, “Hey Siri, find my iPhone” or, “Hey Siri, find my iPad.”
- If you have more than one iPad or iPhone signed in to the same Apple ID, choose the missing device from the menu Siri offers.
- Siri will notify you that it’s started to ping your missing iPhone or iPad.
- Follow the ping to your missing iPhone or iPad, then tap OK once you’ve found it.
How to Use the Find My App or iCloud to Find Your Missing iPhone, iPad, or AirPods
In addition to using the Find My app to find your own miss device, you can besides help a friend or kin penis find an iPhone or iPad !
- On your iPad or family member’s device signed in to your Apple ID, unlock the device and tap the Find My iPhone app.
- Tap the missing iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device in the Devices tab.
- Tap Play Sound.
- From your iPad or computer, open your web browser and go to icloud.com.
- Log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click Find iPhone.
- Sign in using your Apple ID password again, then select All Devices at the top and choose the misplaced device.
- Click Play Sound.
If you ‘d like to learn more about the Find My app, here ‘s how Find My works and what it does, and how to find a dead iPhone with the Find My app. You can besides use Find My to make certain you never forget your phone again with Apple Watch alerts. Plus, you can use your Apple Watch to ping your iPhone if it is nearby .