Use iCloud Keychain to keep information secure on Mac
iCloud Keychain keeps the web site login information and credit card information that you use with autofill in Safari, and your Wi-Fi network information up to date across all your Mac computers ( OS X 10.9 or late ), io devices ( io 7.0.3 or late ), and iPadOS devices. iCloud Keychain besides stores account settings, so your social media accounts can be added mechanically to another Mac when you sign in with your Apple ID on that Mac. For example, Exchange, Google, and other internet accounts you use with Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Notes, and Messages can be added automatically. Everything stored in iCloud Keychain is secure—it ’ second protected by industry-standard encoding. Your iCloud Keychain can ’ triiodothyronine be set up on another Mac or io or iPadOS device unless you approve it .
Set up iCloud Keychain on your Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, pawl Apple ID , then choice iCloud in the sidebar.
open Apple ID preferences for me
- Select Keychain, then follow the onscreen instructions. You must set up iCloud before you can select Keychain .
Approve a device to use iCloud Keychain
If your Apple ID is set up for two-factor authentication, you can set up and approve another device to use your iCloud data. Simply enter the login password or passcode of a device that has iCloud Keychain already set up. If you don ’ triiodothyronine use two-factor authentication and you set up on another device to use iCloud Keychain, you may receive a notification saying that the other device wants to use your bill. To approve a device to use iCloud Keychain, follow these instructions .
- On your Mac, do one of the take after :
- In the presentment, snap Continue.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, blue-ribbon iCloud in the sidebar, click Options to the right of Keychain, then snap Details .
- In the dialogue that appears, enter your Apple ID and password that you use with iCloud, then chink Allow .
Change how new devices can be approved
If your Apple ID is set up for two-factor authentication, when you set up iCloud on a new device, you can allow the device to use your iCloud data just by entering the login password and verification code from a trust Mac or device. however if you see an Options button next to Keychain in iCloud preferences, you can change whether your iCloud Security Code can be used to approve iCloud Keychain on new devices. You can besides change the iCloud Security Code or the earphone total used to verify your identity after you use the iCloud Security Code .
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, cluck Apple ID, then blue-ribbon iCloud in the sidebar. assailable Apple ID preferences for me
- Make surely Keychain is on and your Mac is approved.
Read more: A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering
- Click Options adjacent to Keychain, then make changes in the dialogue that appears .
For data about setting up iCloud Keychain on your io or iPadOS device, see information about setting up iCloud Keychain in the user guide for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Removing credit card data or report names and passwords in Safari ( or with Keychain Access ) deletes them from your macOS keychain and from your iCloud Keychain .