If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any io device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and polarity in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a strait, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing io devices, Find My iPhone besides includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact call number proper on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent localization history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume ( even if your device is set to silent )
• remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode ( io devices )
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for io 9 :
• View your current location and the placement of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
How Your Data is used
When you use Find My iPhone, your device ’ s localization, angstrom well as information about your device and your report will be sent to and retained by Apple sol Apple can provide you with the service. Your device ’ south placement is only send to Apple if you actively request the location of a device or accessory. If you choose to enable the Send last Location feature, your device ’ s last know localization will be automatically sent to Apple any time your device ’ sulfur battery reaches a critically low level. Apple retains localization information and makes it accessible to you for 24 hours, after which it is deleted.
Supported languages : English, Arabic, australian English, brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires io 8 or former and iCloud. You can create a exempt Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.