In 1999, the U.S. Mint released one of the all-time most popular coin programs. The 50 State Quarters Program was a 10-year first step that honored each of the state ’ second states in the order that they ratified the constitution or were admitted into the Union. here is a subset of that solicitation that features the broadcast ’ s first 13 coins. These coins represent the master 13 Colonies founded by Great Britain during the 17th and 18th centuries. These were besides the Colonies that rebelled against british rules and successfully fought the american english Revolutionary War and formed the United States of America by signing the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 .
Each coin features the traditional break of George Washington while the invert design on each quarter features something singular to each express. This 13-piece plant includes the follow quarters :
- 1999 Delaware celebrating Caesar Rodney’s historic horseback ride in 1776.
- 1999 Pennsylvania features the statue, Commonwealth, with an outline of the state and its motto, “Virtue, Liberty, Independence,” and a keystone.
- 1999 New Jersey depicts General George Washington crossing the Delaware River.
- 1999 Georgia features the peach, a silhouetted outline of the state, live oak sprigs, and state of Georgia’s motto, “Wisdom, Justice, Moderation.”
- 1999 Connecticut highlights the Charter Oak tree which proved to be a good hiding place for the state’s original Constitution.
- 2000 Massachusetts features the likeness of the celebrated Minuteman of the American Revolution against an outline of the state.
- 2000 Maryland highlights the Maryland Statehouse and is surrounded by White Oak leaf clusters.
- 2000 South Carolina shows the outline of the state and three symbols, Palmetto tree, the Carolina Wren, the Yellow Jessamine, its nickname The Palmetto State, and a star which indicates the state’s capital,
- 2000 New Hampshire highlights the rock formation, The Old Man of the Mountain, and the state motto, “Live free or die.”
- 2000 Virginia features images of Susan Constant, Godspeed, and Discovery, the three ships that brought the first English settlers to Jamestown, Virginia.
- 2001 New York shows an image of the Statue of Liberty, the state outline, and 11 stars that represents the state’s position when admitted into the Union.
- 2001 North Carolina depicts the first flight that took place in Kill Devil Hills by Orville and Wilbur Wright, who invented, built, and flew the world’s first successful motor-operated airplane.
- 2001 Rhode Island features an image of a vintage sailboat gliding through Rhode Island’s famous Narragansett Bay and an image of the Pell Bridge in the background.
As an add bonus, each 50 State Quarters 13 Colonies Set will come with an authentic $ 2 Federal Reserve Note, which features an scratch of John Trumbull ’ mho celebrated 1818 painting Declaration of Independence. Show your patriotism and add this fit to your collection. besides makes a great gift to any aspiring youthful collector. Order yours now !